Challenging Arts & Crafts

Braided Wreaths




Wreath is one ornament that I always include in home decorating, they simply make a room neat and pretty. Some are made of fresh flowers or plants, metals or any other materials just like in the ancient times. 


Historically, it is said that wreaths originated in Southern Europe and were made/use for different purposes i.e. harvest wreath (below, made of straw), advent wreath, memorial wreath, etc.


                                
Image of Straw Harvest Wreath was taken from Wikimedia Commons, original image uploaded by Renata.





I make my wreath from stuffed fabrics, braid it and I add a self-made crochet flower as ornament on top of the ribbon and charms made of minerals or ceramic beads. The one above was just made simple without trimmings ... I sent this to a  friend in Illinois.

I´m wishing all of you a nice Sunday! 
Thank you for reading my blog!


1 comment:

  1. What beautiful braided wreaths, Mercy! Thank you so much for sharing them at Get Your DIY On! I hope to see you back on Sunday to link up your thrifted upcycle! Hope you're having a wonderful week!

    ~Abby =)

    ReplyDelete