Challenging Arts & Crafts

past challenges - minerals & copper




Sharing with you a few of the jewelries I made out of minerals and copper.
 Minerals are fun to work with. It is one of the crafts that I enjoy making
because you can finish a piece in just one sitting and you see the
results right away
  



The Malachite I used in this necklace came from Nigeria.
I just added more and bought the smaller ones in Vienna.




 Lapis lazuli and corals.
The corals were from another necklace that I dismantled and included
here as a contrast to the blue tones of Lapis lazuli..






Sponge corals 
The pendant was discovered in a flea market and I used it to add
 character  to this necklace.

Various agate, tiger´s eye, and other minerals




The main material was found at a bazaar in Spain, dismantled  and I used copper
to connect each piece... I made the closure out of copper wire too.

  

This was an experimental work, I was trying to create a unique piece by
 turning and hammering the wire....
 I guess, it turned out beautifully, if I may say so.
 That´s just about for now, I hope everyone´s enjoying the Weekend!

Til next,

Mercy


Shared at: 




5 comments:

  1. Those necklaces are absolutely stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kenzie... appreciate you stopping by.. Have a nice day!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Hi Julie... thank you, glad you like them. I haven´t been doing jewelries lately, had been too busy at work...Thanks for dropping by.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete