Challenging Arts & Crafts

Vienna´s Christmas Lights


 
 

SACHER HOTEL 
 
Vienna is a very small city...despite the size, it attracts so much tourists everyday, be it summer or winter...
 It also attracts tourists and locals alike particularly during the Christmas season as the city is fully decorated with gorgeous Christmas lights and
 Christkindl markets as well to enjoy...
 
 



So let me show you what I mean.... this one here is in the city center called
Graben, a plaza that is adjascent to the St. Stephansdome.
 No matter how cold it is tourists, come and go...




They´ve designed the street lights to look like a big chandelier



It would make you feel as if you are in a big ballroom.



The Kaerntnerstrasse, the finest address in town where all exclusive shops
are located... My office is just a few steps away..



 
A shop vis a vis the State Opera... we have the all famous opera singers
performed at the Opera...such as the likes of Netrebko, Placido Domingo, Carerra,
Luciano Pavarotti ,Callas ( in her early days) and many more...
 
 
 
 
Even at night, the Center is full of tourists and shoppers...




I hope you have enjoyed the view of our Christmas lights.
 
I´m wishing you a joyous 2nd Sunday of Advent.
 
xoxo,
 
Mercy

2 comments:

  1. I love Christmas lights! They're just so relaxing. I'm a new follower on Bloglovin & Facebook. I hope you and the family are having a great night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the tour of lights Mercy!
    When I was in college I spent a month in Europe and began my tour in Vienna. Happy memories. While I was there I was fortunate to attend an opera at the Vienna Opera House...which if I remember right...those chandelier Christmas decorations would be emulating. It was magnificent to see the great chandelier raised for the performance.
    Wishing you a joyous and blessed Christmas!

    ReplyDelete