Challenging Arts & Crafts

Pork Tenderloin Steak




At home, I serve steaks on weekends if  I´m able to get the meat from my discounter supermarket on my Friday food shopping. Aldi has quality meat and sometimes I get lucky to buy discounted steaks at very reasonable price. The thing is, meat at Aldi are usually discounted on Thursdays & Fridays just before weekend comes, and so one has to get early to be able to get some. 


Over the weekend, I have more time to prepare the meals properly , no hurry, no rush...just slow slow slow cooking and not looking at the clock :-). So here is what I did when I had the chance to have one prepared for lunch.




Pork Tenderloin Steak



This is a 2-minute steak fried in heavy skillet with olive oil. I simply brush all sides of the meat with soya sauce and fry it  in a hot heavy skillet with 2 tbsp of olive oil for 2 minutes til all sides were golden brown... remove and place on a platter, keep warm until served.



Then I make the gravy out of the pan dripping by heating the 1/2 knorr beef cube, add 1/2 tbsp soya sauce+ 1 tsp of green whole pepper, mix until the cube crumbls then I add 1 cup water, 1 tbsp creme fraiche, reduce the heat and boil once more.


To make the gravy thicker, I add 1 tbsp. cornflour diluted in 1/3 water , let it boil, reduce heat and lastly, season with salt & green pepper... (adjust seasoning according to your taste..)


To serve: Place the steak on a plate, season with salt and ground black pepper, add the fresh salad as well as the gravy in a saucier and serve with fried potatoes or rice. Serve hot.

Bon Appetit!





Hope you´re enjoying your weekend!


2 comments:

  1. The flowers are beautiful! Yum, this looks good. Pork gives me migraines, which sucks because I love bacon. It looks great though! I hope you have a great Saturday night!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Leslie! Ooow, that´s a pity that you get migraines from pork. Yes, we have the same taste, I love bacon too.
      Thanks for coming over. Wishing you a great week ahead!

      Delete