Challenging Arts & Crafts

a purple shopping bag.....



You may be wondering about the color of my new shopping bag...  well,
 read on please!





This was my former WIP ( work in progress) project some
2 decades back... wondering why 2 decades...?





Well, I had an ambition to own a purple pullover, so I bought the woolen yarn to make one..




As I come from a tropical land, I didn´t realize I was not supposed to make this at all, reason is....I found out that I´m allergic to wool, with those tiny micro fibers getting into my nose and I always had to sneeze... and soooo, that was the end of my love affair with wool.... In short, I can´t wear any of these cozy pullovers because they irritate my skin tremendously and I get colds from this allergy... so what to do?




....decades after, I discover in the attic of our house that the basket full of yarns were still there untouched.... so I thought of at least to make something out of those yarns...







so, the idea of making a  purple shopping bag came into my mind as I do  not have to wear it anyway...







The yarn colors varied because I crocheted and knitted an abstract sort of pulli..






........ but, I guess the various hues made the bag interesting...





When I finished crocheting this bag, I sew in a lining out of a fabric from my stash. It´s a fabric  that looks like a tafetta...






Then, I crocheted that closure piece and used a vintage button that I already once used for a jacket..




In a matter of a week, I was able to finish this bag...





I just thought this can be used to make an errand to the fresh market or  supermarket to buy little things such as milk, diary, fresh bread or whatever little things one may need for a quick errand...


That´s it, ....I hope you like today´s bag post!
Coming up on my next posts, a book bag and many more ideas.





I hope all of you enjoyed Easter with your loved ones!

 Wishing you joyful days ahead..

xoxo,

Mercy


No comments:

Post a Comment