Challenging Arts & Crafts

A Romantic Bedroom



  
One of the things I´d love to do is Interior decorating and am very passionate about it. I would buy fabrics and other materials that I love during sales and keep them until ready to use. I also love the blue and white scheme in decorating, blue is subtle and pleasing for the eyes, it is peaceful and very calming. This is the latest bedroom I decorated. I cut the headboards out of a template I made using old newspaper,have the sponge cut by a local shop,





This pillowcase was made out of fabric rest used for the back curtain. I added the vintage lace to give it a romantic look. Old laces are very nice to use for pillowcases, they simply give a feminine touch and character to the whole appearance of the bedroom.






  
I also designed this bed canopy, brought the template to a local town carpentry shop and ask the guys there to cut it for me. Found out that the shop owner is a German and so communicating what I want was no problem. The canopy curtain fabric was bought at a dicount shop near the Malaga Airport and the shop specializes in discontinued english fabrics...I was lucky to have gotten the back curtain for a price of 1 Euro per meter and I guess, the bed canopy and its front curtain picked-up the blue color of the back curtain.







I hope that this posting may inspire you somehow in decorating your home.

Til next,

Mercy


Shared at : The Dedicated House - Anything Blue Friday Week 51

5 comments:

  1. I LOOOOOOVE canopies, I would love to feature you!
    This is fantastic! Please SHARE this cool post at my linky party if you haven’t already, hope you stop by every week and please add as many as you would like! I really appreciate your support and encouragement .
    http://sweethaute.blogspot.com/2013/09/thursday-sweet-haute-share.html

    Be Sweet~
    Christina at
    SWEET HAUTE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Christina! Yes, I would love to join in your linky Party and share my Projects... Thank you for dropping -by... Have a nice evening!


      Delete
  2. What a pretty canopy Mercy! Thank you so much for sharing this at the Fall Get Your DIY On Challenge: Blue Projects.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Krista! Thank you for allowing me to post my works, it has been a pleasure to join yout linky Party... yes I will come again tomorrow to join and share the Projects I did..

      Have a nice evening!

      Delete
  3. What a beautiful bed post! I would love to dream under it :)

    ReplyDelete