Challenging Arts & Crafts

Parsley , Squash, Salad Green & others

 
 

We´re truly blessed with sunny days the last 2 weeks and that´s good for my potted garden... The newbies are getting bigger day by day.

 

 

...and I can´t wait to make the first harvest of the parsley and the salad greens...



 
 
 
 We´ll have to wait for the fruits of the bell peppers as their early beginnings in the pot weren´t that good due to cold weather last mid June.
 
But,  they´re now showing lots of flowers and I already noticed a pepper popping out the last couple of days. 



I never miss using empty cracker containers for the salad greens and I´m getting more of empty ones once  a month..

I actually started using three of these to give color to my terrace, but then,  they seemed to have grown in numbers as we  emptied cans  of Skyflakes Crackers imported from the Philippines.





I´ll start to harvest my salad greens later today, I´m sure they´ll be crispy and delicious.


 
The chinese cabbage called pechay (paksoi)  grew so fast.. Its Images are still lingering  on my mind when their seeds were sowed a couple of weeks ago for the first time..
 
Right now, I´m facing a problem with the salad greens, insects( larvae)  are enjoying them and six plants,  leaves  of which have been eaten up and the plant got devastated...hhhhmm! 
 
 

 
The Squash climbed up so fast in the trellis  I temporarily made for the purpose. Only thing is , I´m supposed to let its vine grow on the floor. Now, I´m vertically growing it for lack of space and am not sure how the giant fruit would hang from the top vine..   






I had to put a "bandage" ( masking tape) to straighten up the damage Squash vine..

The two potted bell peppers below love intensive sunshine and they feel great when watered at the end of the day  when I come home from work.



 
 
I´ll give an update about the first harvest of the greens in the next days.
 
Meanwhile, do enjoy your time as weekend slowly aproaches!
Thank you for taking time to read this blog.....
 
 
                                                      Xo Xo,

                                               Mercy

 
 
 

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful garden! We've been toying with herbs and a small vegetable garden but haven't got it all working well just yet.

    Thanks for joining us at GYB!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Paula, sorry for the late reply. You´re such a great host, it´s no wonder that you & your Party are so papoular. I love your recipe postings and would like to try some of them later.. I´ll be joining you again at GYB.... My blog is just a year old and I´m kind of still figuring it out how it works with all those buttons, LOL!

      Best regards,
      Mercy

      Delete
  2. I love your little container garden!!

    It's ok to let the squash vines climb up. I hear that the vine will actually thicken and stiffen up to support the weight of the fruit. If not, you can always get some panty hose, and make support slings for your hanging produce (example: put the fruit in the toe of the hose, and the tie the "knee" to the trellis after cutting away the excess).

    BTW: I LOVE how happy and healthy your bell pepper plants are. Mine was miserable for the longest time, until I realized my soils were completely depleted and that my red bell pepper was trying to shrivel up from lack of nutrients!! 0.0

    I just posted about my garden today, and you're welcome to peruse my blog and see the progress over the last 4 months. :) I could always use ideas and tips too... =) http://tinykittenz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. @tinykittenz.. thank you for dropping by, yes I saw your garden and I must say you´ve done a good job in gardening...I´ve grown Squash before , this year is my second Squash... Thank you for the tips too about the pantyhose...I will surely try those...

    xoxo, Mercy

    ReplyDelete