Challenging Arts & Crafts

Granny square pillowcase - 1/3


I started this project last weekend, working on each of the 16 squares
 everyday. One square is done for about 15 minutes, I did some during train rides, but mostly while watching tv...



I have 2 new sofas to decorate and both are olive green.
And so,  I decided I will make colorful pillowcases and this is one
of those.





The squares were easily made and each of the 4 rounds has 
a different color..





I decided I would have a white border for all to give
a lighter look.. I hand sew ( not crocheted)each piece ..



....then added the border in red and white...



I added the red border picking up some of the reds in the squares.



.....then I added the white to give a neutral frame...




Lastly, I used cotton fabric for the backside..


...and that´s it, finally finished today!


Happy Weekend !

Til next,

Mercy




3 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful. I tried crocheting once, my grandma taught me but I wasn't patient enough. So kudos to you for making this awesome pillow case!
    Carlee
    Little Sloth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carlee..I´ve done the second granny square pillowcase that I posted yesterday on my FB ... I´ll be visiting your page and blog later...
      Thank you for sharing your gorgeous pics on your blog, like them... have a nice Wednesday!

      Delete
  2. I now regret not paying attention when my mom was teaching me how to crochet :( It is a beautiful pillow case!
    Following along on GFC and +

    ReplyDelete