Challenging Arts & Crafts

the green bag and the suede shoes








I saw these olive green yarn and I immediately fell in love with its color. It´s the yarn color of the Octoberfest ... everyone celebrating this feast is wearing alpine folkloric and mostly with red or green.

And so I thought I would make something out of them , I was lucky to have bought them... because they were on sale and half the original price!!! That triggered my excitement at 50% off!!! 

And so, I grabbed a couple of packages including the white one.We love special offers don´t we?  




Well, I just had a thought on what I´ll do with it.. and so I was playing with the hook to see what I´d come up with, which project can be taken and can be done while in the subway going to and from work.



......and my concept was to make a tote bag in granny squares, for my office lunch... something not to big and not to small..




I lined it with a flower printed cotton fabric that are normally used for "dirndl", a folkloric dress worn by women in the alpine region of Austria, Germany and Switzerland.




So, i think the lining fabric goes well with my theme... there is a contrast and the wooden handles are just fitting well to the color both in and outside of the bag.

















The wooden handles came from Manila, I bought them in a shopping mall in Divisoria while I was visiting my family a couple of years back. The shop especializes in bag accessories and they are really just a fraction of a cost..







I think this bag is groovy enough to be worn with a pair of blue jeans and it is just a coincidence....






......that I happen to have a pair of  green suede shoes.

Perfect!


Thanks for reading my post!

1 comment: