Challenging Arts & Crafts

A Crocheted-Chair Coverlet


 
 
The 4 balls of cotton yarns were just kept handy in the cupboard just in case I wanted to start a crochet project during my holiday.
 
For about ten years or so, I never touched them. And,  I also didn´t have a chart or  pattern with me  to make this into a project.
 
 



 
 Since the only available hook I´ve had was bigger in size, I decided I would crochet double the yarn  to finish soon. The hook you see here has a size of 4 mm.





 
 

 First, I chained 12 to make a round , then crocheted 12 half stitches for the 2nd row...

 


This is a crochet as you go coverlet.... just increase the stitches that is built like an inverted pyramid.





At first, I didn´t have a firm idea of what this is going to be, I thought of  finishing the  balls of yarns as a pillowcase. Well, I can  still convert this into a pillowcase later. Then I chained the edges with a picot to give it a romantic touch.




     But, I just thought it might somehow serve as a coverlet for a chair...that would be nice I thought,

 


then, it became a coverlet!!! 

 

 



I finished the 4 balls of yarn just enough to make a 50 cm x 50 cm piece while watching TV ( during holiday).

 

I hope this gives you an idea for the yarns you´ve been hoarding.... :-) oTake your yarns out of your cupboard and start a Project now, LOL!


Wishing you a beautiful Wednesday ahead ...

 

Til next,

 

Mercy

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment