Challenging Arts & Crafts

a floral blue pillowcase



The main fabric used here was a leftover of the fabric I used to cover the headboard of our blue guest bedroom (below photo) ...it´s from my  blog called  Parade of Pillowcases.






I  make and collect pillowcases, below are so far what I have gathered. I  use various methods to make and grow my collection... some of the white ones were either crocheted, embroidered and quilted. Others were flea market finds.


















The blue pillow was intentionally made as a Mother´s Day gift to my mom in-law a few years back when she had a blue sofa. The strips that framed the quilted center came from an english stripe fabric from a curtain shop. 


I cut the blue stripe part and used 4 strips to make the border for the quilted center. I have adapted the quilted design from Ako´s Lone Star Quilt and used it here..

















I think, the overall effect of the blue fabric plus the floral strips that framed the center came out nicely. What do you think?

I could see that mom in -law liked and appreciated it for she proudly displayed it on her sofa for a long time... now that she has a new sofa in grey, I should think of another project to suit the new sofa color...










I hope that the blue pillowcase inspired you...

As usual,  it´s a gray in gray weather today in Vienna!!! 
At least the hyacinth´s sooner blooming gives me a bit of consolation. Oh my... Spring where art thou?

Hope your Friday is wonderful!

xoxo,

Mercy


Partying at this fabulous links: FrenchCountryCottage - Feathered Nest Friday


No comments:

Post a Comment