Challenging Arts & Crafts

simply potholders





I have a bunch of potholders at home but can´t recall that I 
have ever crocheted one. The carry-all bag had left over yarn,
 so instead of thinking on what to do with the rest, I thought 
 of turning them into potholders..





While watching the World Cup football between Germany and Portugal,  I started  crocheting the  grey one on the right.





Starting with a chain of 4 to make a round, I used 12 single stitches to finish the 2nd round and continued as in a spiral  all throughout.

  It took me only an hour to finish the rounds as the yarn is thick.
  I ´ve added one round of dark grey  so that edge of the potholder
 gets a contrast.   I did the same with the peach color. 
Single crochet stitch was used all 






  The yarn colors chosen for the bag are almost similar to the
 colors of my kitchen tiles, but this is just a coincidence. 
I´m sure that I will enjoy using these potholders in my kitchen.



Til next, 

Mercy



This post in linked to :
Show & Tell Friday

Feathered Nest Friday - 26

No comments:

Post a Comment