Challenging Arts & Crafts

Berry Muffins + Recipe





I haven´t been baking for quite sometime... and today, just so.... I baked  Berry Muffins. The recipe is a fusion of  simple ingredients and how to instructions  that produces good results  nobody can  miss.
This is the first time I´ve used silicon muffin forms, I have to admit that I have my reservations in the beginning and after today´s baking, I must  say  that the forms are one of the best inventions in the baking world, simply "super" forms they are!

Below is the Recipe and instructions, and I hope you enjoy baking this!
BERRY MUFFINS + RECIPE

Ingredients :
1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts or almonds,
2 cups sifted all purpose flour,
1 teaspoon baking soda
a dash each of cinammon & nutmeg powder
1/4 tsp. salt
2 cups sugar, if you avoid sugar, substitute this with 8 tbsp. Stevia in powder form or sugar substitute called Natreen or any other substitute that does not contain Aspartam
3/4 cup vegetable oil
1 cup buttermilk
1 tsp vanilla or 1 pack vanilla sugar
3 eggs
1.5 cups of mixed fresh or frozen berries








Preparation:
1. In a bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon & nutmeg (optional) & salt

2. Add the sugar, oil,buttermilk, vanilla & eggs. Beat with an electric mixer at medium speed until batter becomes smooth, add the nuts.

3. Using a tablespoon , fill each muffin form of 12 with 2 tbsp batter ( about 3/4 of
the form), then top each form with mixed frozen berries , bake in a preheated oven of 180°C for about 20 minutes ( middle oven rack).

4. Cool muffins on wire rack. Serve warm or cold.






Since it was very hot today, I  served the muffins  together with an ice-tea made from Twinnings Lady Grey  adding juice of 1/2 lemon and Stevia to it ... muffins and ice tea, what else can you ask for, it´s simply perfect for hot weather we are experiencing at the moment... Summer has come back to Vienna and we´re all happy!!!

Have a nice start of the week and enjoy the hot... hot ...hot days coming our way til next week-end!

xoxo,

Mercy




2 comments:

  1. Your muffins look tasty! I love berries of all kinds so I am pinning this to try later. Found you on Frugal Foodie Mama's FB page. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tammi, thanks for leaving´your comment here... I´ve just liked your page at FB.´It´s good that you also bake.. I´m new to Blogger and started my first post only a year ago. It´s nice to have you here and am wishing you a great day too!...Mercy

      Delete